Our Response to COVID-19
Feeling ready to return to the Centre to socialize and study with other artists in our studios? We’re delighted to hear it. The DDO Civic Centre and the Dollard Centre for the Arts will be doing everything possible to ensure visitors and students experience a safe and enjoyable learning environment that respects all government recommended health protocols. Here is what you can expect and how to prepare:
- The Civic Centre will open its doors to general public as of September 15. All of the health measures currently practiced in all other public spaces will be effective at the Civic Centre as well, namely:
- Masks will be obligatory for anyone over the age of 10 years old
- Hands will have to be sanitized by everyone accessing any entrance
- A 2-metre distance will have to be respected by everyone
The City will assure the appropriate sanitizing of all public spaces, namely entrances (including door handles), elevators (including buttons), corridors and bathrooms.
(For more information on the City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux’s public health policy, we invite you to consult their website at: https://ville.ddo.qc.ca/en/coronavirus)
- Likewise, once you arrive at the Centre for the Arts, our office staff will ensure that all of these measures are respected by each visitor.
- All staff members and instructors will be wearing masks as part of the work attire. If an instructor requires to come within 2 metres of a student, he or she will also be wearing a clear face shield.
- You will be able to interact with office staff through our windowed walk-up counter during office hours.
- Debit, credit or cheque transactions will be required; cash payments will not be accepted at this time.
- Measured distance positions and directional arrows will be clearly marked on the ground.
- Parents will not be permitted in a classroom unless special needs or circumstances require them to.
- Music classes (guitar and piano) will involve the use of two separate instruments, including pianos. Teachers and students will be kept at an appropriate distance. Piano keyboards and benches will be sanitized between each lesson.
- Every class will respect recommended capacities and students will each have their own desk or assigned space where they will be asked to remain during the course.
- The use of bathrooms and studio sinks will be done in a pre-established organized fashion, as instructed by teachers at the beginning of every first class.
- Students will be asked to keep their personal materials and effects at their desk at all times. Whenever the DCA provides students with materials, these will have been carefully sanitized by the instructors before each class and presented in a zip lock bag.
- Time between each class has been carefully scheduled to allow for the proper airing out of spaces and sanitizing of all surfaces and equipment.
- Each staff member and instructor has been trained by City representatives in the best approved methods of cleaning. Suitable products and tools to this end are provided and maintained by the assigned City department.
Still have a question about something we have not covered here? Please do not hesitate to contact our office at 514-684-1012 ext. 213 or the City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux at 514-684-1012 ext. 2.