Our Response to COVID-19
At the moment, in compliance with government-issued safety protocols regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person classes are suspended until further notice and all of our classes are currently being offered in their online format.
Like most of you, we look forward to the day when our status moves from red to orange (and yellow and green), allowing us to welcome you back to our newly renovated studios.
When the time is right for us to reopen our doors to general public, the DDO Civic Centre and the Dollard Centre for the Arts will be doing everything possible to ensure visitors and students experience a safe and enjoyable learning environment that respects all government-recommended health protocols.
Before coming to the Centre:
- If you or anyone in your home is experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you please get tested and connect with us remotely during your test result waiting period.
- If you have travelled in the past 14 days, we ask that you please get tested and connect with us remotely during your test result waiting period. We ask that you please respect the prescribed self-quarantine period before coming to the Centre in person;
- The DCA encourages all of its community members to download the federal government’s COVID Alert app to help safeguard against the possible spread of the virus, and adhere to the recommendations if you receive any notifications.
Here is what you can expect and how to prepare, when the DCA will open its doors again:
- Masks will be mandatory for everyone, no matter the age or the class you are taking.
- Hands will have to be sanitized by everyone accessing any entrance.
- A 2-metre distance will have to be respected by everyone.
- All staff members and instructors will be wearing masks as part of the work attire. If an instructor requires to come within 2 meters of a student, he or she will also be wearing a clear face shield.
- You will be able to interact with the office staff through our windowed walk-up counter during office hours.
- Debit, credit or cheque transactions will be required; cash payments will not be accepted at this time.
- Measured distance positions and directional arrows will be clearly marked on the ground.
- Parents will not be permitted in a classroom unless special needs or circumstances require them to.
- Music classes (guitar and piano) will involve the use of two separate instruments, including pianos. Teachers and students will be kept at an appropriate distance. Piano keyboards and benches will be sanitized between each lesson.
- Every class will respect recommended capacities and students will each have their own desk or assigned space where they will be asked to remain during the course.
- The use of bathrooms and studio sinks will be done in a pre-established organized fashion, as instructed by teachers at the beginning of every first-class.
- Students will be asked to keep their personal materials and effects at their desks at all times. Whenever the DCA provides students with materials, these will have been carefully sanitized by the instructors before each class and presented in a zip lock bag.
- The time between each class has been carefully scheduled to allow for the proper airing out of spaces and sanitizing of all surfaces and equipment.
- Each staff member and the instructor has been trained by City representatives in the best-approved methods of cleaning. Suitable products and tools to this end are provided and maintained by the assigned City department.
The City will assure the appropriate sanitizing of all public spaces, namely entrances (including door handles), elevators (including buttons), corridors and bathrooms.
(For more information on the City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux’s public health policy, we invite you to consult their website at https://ville.ddo.qc.ca/en/coronavirus)
Have a question about something we have not covered here? Please do not hesitate to contact our office at 514-684-1012 ext. 213 or the City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux at 514-684-1012 ext. 2.