Our Response to COVID-19
This summer, in compliance with government-issued safety protocols regarding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Dollard Fine Arts Summer Camp will look a little different than in years past. Luckily, Dollard des Ormeaux is now classified as a green zone and we are excited to welcome campers, new and old, back to the DCA for a fun-filled summer together.
The Dollard Fine Arts Summer Camp staff will be doing everything possible to ensure everyone involved experiences a safe and enjoyable camp environment that respects all government-recommended health protocols.
Before coming to Camp:
- If you or anyone in your home is experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you please get tested and contact our office to inform the staff.
- If your family has travelled in the past 14 days, we ask that you please get tested. We ask that you please respect the prescribed self-quarantine period before coming to the Centre in person;
- The DCA encourages all of its community members to download the federal government’s COVID Alert app to help safeguard against the possible spread of the virus, and adhere to the recommendations if you receive any notifications.
Here is what you can expect while at camp:
- Masks will be mandatory for all parents dropping off and picking up their children.
- Parents will not be permitted inside camp area.
- Parents are invited to drop-off and pick-up their children at the Cultural Centre’s Main Entrance (#4) during Extended Hours and by way of the Library Garden (around back) during Regular Hours. A staff member will sign-in and escort each child to their assigned studio, as well as bring them out for their daily departure.
Drop-off – 7 am to 8:40 am
Pick-up – 3:45 pm to 6 pm
Drop-off – 8:45 am to 9 am
Pick-up – 3:30 pm to 3:45 pm
- Hands will have to be sanitized by everyone accessing any entrance and between each activity.
- All staff members will be wearing masks as part of their work attire.
- Children will not be required to wear masks nor maintain any distance with their fellow campers within their group “bubbles”.
- Groups will remain in their assigned studios during activities, and go outside at least once a day.
- Every class will respect recommended capacities.
- The use of bathrooms and studio sinks will be done in a pre-established organized fashion, as instructed by teachers at the beginning of every session.
- Campers will be asked to keep their personal materials and effects in their group rooms at all times. Whenever the DCA provides students with materials, these will have been carefully sanitized by the instructors before each class and presented in a zip lock bag.
- Each staff member has been trained by City representatives in the best-approved methods of cleaning. Suitable products and tools to this end are provided and maintained by the assigned City department.
- Debit, credit or cheque transactions will be required; cash payments will not be accepted at this time.
The City will assure the appropriate sanitizing of all public spaces, namely entrances (including door handles), elevators (including buttons), corridors and bathrooms.
(For more information on the City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux’s public health policy, we invite you to consult their website at https://ville.ddo.qc.ca/en/coronavirus)
Have a question about something we have not covered here? Please do not hesitate to contact our office at 514-684-1012 ext. 213 or the City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux at 514-684-1012 ext. 2.