Our response to COVID-19
Feeling ready to return to the Centre to socialize and study with other artists in our studios? We’re delighted to hear it.
The DDO Civic Centre and the Dollard Centre for the Arts will be doing everything possible to ensure visitors and students experience a safe and enjoyable learning environment that respects all government recommended health protocols.
Before coming to the Centre:
-If you or someone in your household has symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you get tested and log in remotely (for hybrid classes) during your test result waiting period.
-If you have traveled in the last 14 days, we ask that you get tested and log in remotely (for hybrid classes) while you wait for test results. We ask that you adhere to the prescribed self-quarantine period before visiting the Center in person.
-The DCA encourages all members of its community to download the federal government’s COVID Alert Application to protect themselves from the possible spread of the virus and to follow the recommendations if they receive alerts.
Here’s what you can expect and how to prepare, when returning to the CAD:
- As of the Fall Session 2021, all class participants will be required to show proof of their double-vaccination by way of the vaccine passport or printed proof.
- Hands have to be sanitized by everyone accessing any entrance
- A 2-metre distance has to be respected by everyone
- Likewise, once you arrive at the Centre for the Arts, our office staff will ensure that all of these measures are respected by each visitor.
- All staff members and instructors will be wearing masks as part of the work attire.
- You will be able to interact with office staff through our windowed walk-up counter during office hours.
- Debit, credit or cheque transactions will be required; cash payments will not be accepted at this time.
- Parents will not be permitted in a classroom unless special needs or circumstances require them to.
- Music classes (guitar and piano) will involve the use of two separate instruments, including pianos. Teachers and students will be kept at an appropriate distance. Piano keyboards and benches will be sanitized between each lesson.
- Every class will respect recommended capacities and students will each have their own desk or assigned space where they will be asked to remain during the course.
- The use of bathrooms and studio sinks will be done in a pre-established organized fashion, as instructed by teachers at the beginning of every first class.
- Students will be asked to keep their personal materials and effects at their desk at all times. Whenever the DCA provides students with materials, these will have been carefully sanitized by the instructors before each class and presented in a zip lock bag.
- Time between each class has been carefully scheduled to allow for the proper airing out of spaces and sanitizing of all surfaces and equipment.
- Each staff member and instructor has been trained by City representatives in the best approved methods of cleaning. Suitable products and tools to this end are provided and maintained by the assigned City department.
The City continues to assure the appropriate sanitizing of all public spaces, namely entrances (including door handles), elevators (including buttons), corridors and bathrooms.
(For more information on the City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux’s public health policy, we invite you to consult their website at: https://ville.ddo.qc.ca/en/coronavirus)
Still have a question about something we have not covered here? Please do not hesitate to contact our office at 514-684-1012 ext. 213 or the City of Dollard-des-Ormeaux at 514-684-1012 ext. 2.